Registration for high school virtual educational clinics is now closed. Please follow us on social media to stay up-to-date on future opportunities.
MUSIC IN THE SCHOOLS:
Music in the Schools is an educational program designed for grades K-9, allowing students to experience the music of the Marine Band. Traditionally, Marine musicians visit schools local to the Washington, D.C. area to provide live performances as part of this program. In lieu of in-person performances, materials for this program are now offered nationally as a digital initiative.
Music in the Schools resources currently include three pre-recorded performances and corresponding lesson planning materials.
- General Music - Around the World in 30 Minutes
- For grades K-5. Develop new musical interests and explore the importance of musical curiosity with folk music from around the world! Students will experience music from Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the Americas, as demonstrated by the versatile musicians of the Marine Band. LINKS: Video / Lesson Plans / Program
- Band - Why I Love Playing Music
- For musicians in beginner/intermediate band. There are endless varieties of music, and just as many reasons to love playing it! In this performance, percussion, brass and woodwind ensembles from the Marine Band share their musical talents, as well as the reasons they love making music. LINKS: Video / Lesson Plans / Program
- Orchestra - String Colors: Painting with Sound
- For musicians in beginner/intermediate orchestra. This program showcases the incredible world of musical colors and textures possible with string instruments. The Marine Chamber Orchestra introduces a variety of fun and evocative chamber music, reinforces elements of basic string musicianship, and shows students what they can look forward to as they continue to explore their musical journey as a string musician. LINKS: Video / Lesson Plans / Program